MICROSOFT AND TECHMAMAS.COM SURFACE 2 SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the TechMamas.com Surface 2 Sweepstakes promotion will operate. This promotion will be simply referred to as the “Sweepstakes” throughout the rest of these rules.
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. “You” refers to an eligible Sweepstakes entrant, or the eligible Sweepstakes entrant’s parent or legal guardian who must agree to these Official Rules.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Sweepstakes starts at 10:01 p.m. Pacific Time (PT) on October 21, 2013, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on October 21, 2013 (“Entry Period”). Entries must be received within the Entry Period to be eligible.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Sweepstakes if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are present at the Surface 2 Midnight Launch (“Event”) taking place at Microsoft Store Westfield San Francisco Centre in San Francisco, California for at least five (5) minutes during the entry period.
- You are a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, and are 13 years of age or older.
- If you are 13 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you must ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry; and
- You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
- You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes; and
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is void outside of the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER?
Follow @MicrosoftStore and @TechMama and send a tweet answering the question: “How can you do more with Surface?” using the #Surface and #TechMama hashtags.
To enter, you must do all of the following within the Entry Period:
- Be present at the Event at Microsoft Store Westfield San Francisco Centre for at least five (5) minutes during the Entry Period.
- Register for a free Twitter account at Twitter.com or if you have an existing account login to your Twitter account.
- Follow the links and instructions to become a follower of @MicrosoftStore and @TechMama.
- From your own account, post a message answering the question: “How can you do more with Surface?” To be eligible for Entry your message must include the hashtags #Surface and #TechMama.
By posting a Tweet with the #Surface and #TechMama hashtag, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes drawing.
There is no entry limit per Entry Period. We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason. We will automatically disqualify any incomplete or illegible entry.
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
On October 22, 2013, the after the close of the Entry Period, we will randomly select one potential Grand Prize winner from among all eligible entries received.
Grand Prize. A Prize Package consisting of one (1) $550 gift card to the Microsoft Store. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $550.00.
The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of this Package is $550.00.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a direct message to the Twitter account used to enter the contest or the email address (if any) provided at time of entry within seven (7) days following the random drawing. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate, randomly selected winner. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are 13 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate, randomly selected winner. We will only award one (1) prize(s) per person during the Entry Period. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Sweepstakes:
- You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
- You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner; and
- If you are otherwise eligible for this Sweepstakes, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
- Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.
WHAT ARE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING?
Your odds of winning this Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries we receive.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS ARE YOU AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
By entering this Sweepstakes you agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules; and
- To release and hold harmless Microsoft, and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won; and
- That Microsoft’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Sweepstakes; and
- That by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Sweepstakes, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Sweepstakes.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE SWEEPSTAKES CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Sweepstakes. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to randomly select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Sweepstakes.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Sweepstakes, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN YOU FIND OUT WHO WON?
The name of the Grand Prize winner will be posted online at TechMamas.com. This list will remain posted at least one month after October 22, 2013.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052