As a frequent business traveler, I appreciate good old fashioned customer service from hotel staff. But more and more, I appreciate being able to manage my stay and in room features using my own mobile devices. Here are some key areas that technology is being used in business travel meetings and hotel stays:
- 2 in 1 Devices: There are many online debates regarding tablets vs. notebooks for mobile use. When it comes to business travel, I like the 2 in 1 form factor because I get the productivity power of a notebook in a form factor that converts to a tablet. Tablets are great for watching a downloaded movie (i.e. on a plane), however, when I am working on the go I want productivity and more powerful processing features of a notebook.
- Smartphones: When I travel, I use my smartphone to take meeting notes, find and display documents, take photos and listen to music on the go. Airports are now using Beacons, NFC and QR Codes that communicate with phones to show gate changes, communicate airport instructions and facilitate pay by phone options. Some hotels are even providing wireless chargers.
- Smartwatches: Smartwatches are great for travel because they enable you to carry your fitness plan and travel details on the go. During travel meetings and events where it is not appropriate to break out my phone, I can stay updated on important notifications with a quick glance at my wrist.
- Sensors: By adding sensors to hotel rooms, the user experience can be automated and personalized. For example, “sensors can be used in a guest’s room to lower the temperature during the winter when the guest is out of the room, and to automatically create a guest’s preferred environment when they open their hotel room door by remembering the exact light and blind settings the guest selected the previous day.”
- Smart technology: Some hotels are even utilizing Smart TVs, smart whiteboards in meeting rooms and digital hallway displays. The opportunity to interact with a digital display at a hotel to view their restaurant recommendations and then have the directions beamed to my phone would make planning so much easier! Using a Smart TV in your hotel room to check out also saves time.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Samsung Business.
To find out more about their most recent products including the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro S 2in 1, Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge that have a Dual Pixel 12MP rear and 5MP front camera , water/dust resistant, fast wired and wireless charging and has an hybrid SIM card tray with space for an additional 200GB microSD storage. Syncing Galaxy smartphones to Samsung Galaxy TabPro S is easy with Samsung Flow.