*This is a sponsored post. Check out the bottom of the post for more information on the Acer R11 giveaway!
Mobile technology is a key tool for my three boys. When my 13-year-old twins were in 6th grade, they received their first cell phone to communicate with me, my husband and anyone helping with school pickup. The phone was basic and had no internet access. As they moved into 7th grade and showed they were responsible digital citizens, we upgraded them to smartphones. At home, we have a desktop computer that is shared between all three boys. But one form factor they all want to use for STEM projects (like MIT Scratch coding), content creation (school presentations), and internet research is a laptop. My 17-year-old had some work projects to earn money for a laptop. We also needed to buy our twins their own laptops and were looking for a budget-friendly solution. When Acer contacted me to participate in a sponsored campaign that included a giveaway for the Acer Aspire R 11, I was excited to learn more. With a price of only around $349 to $399, it seemed like a budget and mobile- family friendly laptop—especially for families like ours that need to buy more than one!
Listed below are some of they key features of the Acer Aspire R 11:
- Four distinct modes that include notebook, display, tent, or tablet that provide flexibility for mobile or home use.
- The 360 dual-torque hinge enables the screen to transition between laptop and tablet and everything in between. The touchscreen allows for different interactions to perform tasks.
- The Aspire R 11 screen is covered with damage-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass.
- The battery lasts 8 hours to keep going through the day.
- The Zero Air Gap display technology is designed to improve contrast and image clarity (even under sunlight) and Acer BluelightShield to reduce eye-strain.
- Acer TrueHarmony and auto reverse speakers were created to optimize sound.
- The choice of either the Intel® Celeron® N3150 processor or Intel® Pentium® N3700 processor supports the mobile requirement of low power, energy efficiency, and budget friendly pricing.
- The precision touchpad was designed to be more responsive than traditional touchpads and also has Palm Rejection tech to solve the issue of unintended motions.
- Acer Touch Tools offer the ability to perform tasks quickly and easily.
- Specs: The screen size is 11.6 (resolution 1366 x 768), weight of 3.48lbs, 500 GB hard drive and 4GB with option to upgrade to 8GB RAM, WiFi (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac) HDMI and 2 USB ports, Windows 10 Home, memory card reader, webcam, microphone, and fingerprint reader—all great features at such a budget-friendly price.
Making mobile technology decisions for your family is not easy. The devices need to be budget-friendly and have key features as discussed above. But the most important thing for families is setting up family communication and technology rules. On the Acer web site I wrote a post titled “Setting Your Children Up to Safely Navigate the Digital World” that discusses my journey and tips for setting up family rules and helping your kids become good digital citizens. Now that kids use technology for school, information, and entertainment, it is an integral part of their lives. Putting the right technology in their hands is only the first step. After that, education and communication will give them the tools to navigate the digital world safely. If your kids are faced with a situation where they need help, the communication plan will help them know they can always come to you for advice and support.
I am excited to be able to give away one Acer Aspire R 11 to my readers! Just enter by filling out this Rafflecopter form that will ask you to share what family technology rules work for your family. As a parent of kids navigating the digital world, it is great to help share tips and tricks to enable them to enjoy the benefits of the amazing mobile technology available to them while at the same time developing habits to make them solid digital citizens
Visit the Acer Keep Asking website for more technology tips and advice.
Contest starts May 12th at 2:00pm PST and ends on May 20th 6pm PST. Please review our contest rules on Rafflecopter.
Prize: One lucky winner will win an Aspire R11.
a Rafflecopter giveaway