I am excited to participate as one of the Office Champions because Microsoft Office was already my go-to productivity tool for work and home management. I was also interested to keep updated on the new product releases, lately there have been exciting announcements! While we have many PC’s in our house, my teen uses a MAC. Because of our Microsoft Office 365 subscription he uses Office on the MAC. He also uses OneNote on his iPhone. So the recent announcements will offer him more ways to use Office and OneNote. I also can’t wait to try the new productivity features of OneNote that will help my day including the ability to send blogs and news articles directly to OneNote via Weave, News360 and Feedly. I can also connect to OneNote through IFTTT rules, send scanned documents using printers, scanners and apps as well as sending handwritten notes on paper with a Livescribe Pen. Here are the fun details below.
ONE NOTE FOR MAC
PRESS UPDATE: ” OneNote for Mac is now available for the first time, and for Free. Now, you can use OneNote on all the platforms you love including PC, Mac, Windows Tablets, Windows Phone, iPad, iPhone, Android and Web (phew!) We are also offering a freemium version for these platforms—so even if you don’t have an Office 365 subscription, you can enjoy OneNote anywhere and everywhere.”
NEW FEATURES FOR ONE NOTE:
Along with the update was information on OneNote were also recently released new features related to note-taking, travel planning and organizing (three things busy families always could always use digital help with!):
- “Web clipper lets you quickly save web pages to your OneNote notebook.
- firstname.lastname@example.org service lets you email notes directly to your notebook.
- Office Lens lets you capture documents and whiteboards with ease using your phone. It even flattens the image (even if taken at an angle) so it’s easier to read, and makes the text searchable so you can find it later!”
The press update also included the below information on the partnerships that add new digital note-taking functionality to OneNote:
- “Send blogs and news articles directly to OneNote from services you love like Feedly, Weave and News360.
- Create rules that easily connect things to OneNote via IFTTT . Think rules like, “Autosave all your Instagram photos to your OneNote” or “send all tweet responses to OneNote.”
- Scan documents to OneNote to many partner apps and devices including Brother, Doxie Go, Epson, Neat and apps such as Genius Scan and JotNot.
- Take notes on paper using the Livescribe smart pen, and send them directly to OneNote!”
To keep the new announcements going, yesterday Office announced Office for the iPad. Here are details on Office from iPad from the Office blog:
“you can download Word, Excel and PowerPoint for iPad from the App Store. The apps have the robust capabilities and familiar look and feel that is unmistakably Office, while offering a fantastic touch experience built from the ground up for iPad. With the free versions of the apps, you can read your Word documents, view your Excel data and present with PowerPoint. Your documents will look as good as they do on your PC and Mac®, and better than ever on your iPad. With an Office 365 subscription, you can edit and create new documents with the iPad. When you edit a document, you can be sure that content and formatting will be maintained across Office on PC, Mac, tablet and phone. And, you always have access to your up-to-date documents in OneDrive and OneDrive for Business.”
How does your family stay productive?
Disclosure: I am an Office Champion and have received sponsorship and products. This is NOT a paid post, it is a press update. All of my words are my own.