The following is a guest post by Kimberley Clayton Blaine of TheGoToMom.TV:
Visualize a more productive you. Now visualize the Post-it Notes that are all over your desk and cabinets perfectly organized in your phone! The Evernote camera allows you to snap a picture of each note and organize it. Now, here’s the doozie… and don’t get too worked up, but, whatever you write on Post-it Note that’s in your Evernote app is searchable! Yowza! This app has the ability to search even your handwritten notes. And you can also tag your Post-it Notes by color. Because I’m a social media mama, I love to share everything, there’s a share option in the app too, so you can share your Post-it Notes on your platforms. Not that you want to post your grocery list on your blog, but I do post fun inspirational notes if I’ve captured them in the app!
Easy Ways to Organize with the Post-it Brand and Evernote app:
1. Keep a Post-it Note list of your main grocery staples
2. Manage expiration dates for food
3. Take notes on Post-it Notes while in meetings, at playgroups or brainstorming sessions with colleagues
4. Keep track of important times lines, dates/deadlines(i.e., blog/book chapter)
5. Keep a line of Inspirational Post-it Note messages for yourself that you can tweet out or share on FB
The Post-it Note mode in Evernote is specially designed to enhance and transform your Post-it Notes into beautiful, digital replicas of all your Post-it Notes.
How to capture Post-it Notes using the Post-it Note mode
Write clearly and legibly on a Post-it Note with any type of pen or ink. Then, go through the following steps to capture your Post-it Notes into Evernote:
- Start the Evernote camera and swipe anywhere in the image capture area to select the Post-it Note mode.
- Position the Post-it Note, including the edges, so that it is visible inside the frame
- Tap the Snap icon to capture the Post-it Note. You can snap multiple notes one after the other and save it to the same Evernote note.
- To preview the captured note(s) first, tap the Image Gallery icon. From here you can select particular pages to keep or discard. To discard a note, tap the Discard icon.
You can get the Post-it Note Desktop Dispensers co-designed by Post-it Brand and Evernote at the Evernote Market, www.evernote.com/market, and at office supply retailers nationwide. Additionally, Post-it Super Sticky Notes and Post-it Big Pads with a limited-time subscription to Evernote Premium are available nationwide starting today at select Staples retail stores and at Staples.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com and Quill.com.
The sheer beauty of this app is it’s clean, streamlined and easy to use. I no longer have three Post-it Notes stuck to my face when I leave the house. All my notes are organized in my phone all in one app and easily accessible. Yes, my entire home will always have new Post-it Notes reappearing each day – just waiting to be photographed. But hey, that’s what we signed up for right? Motherhood — The ultimate keeper of the calendar.
Since technology will always be a part of our lives, get the free app and simplify your life. Isn’t about time you finally remember the things you like, your favorite websites, research better, organize your business or household better and plan your next relaxing trip? And you can do it all with mom’s new little helper. Evernote. Learn more about Post-it Brand and Evernote by visiting your local office supply store or by visiting Postit.com/Evernote , Post-it Brand on Twitter (@postitproducts ) or Facebook (http://facebook.com/postit ).
Kimberley Clayton Blaine, MA, MFT, is the executive producer of the online parenting shows www.TheGoToMom.TV and author of The Go-To Mom’s Parents’ Guide to Emotion Coaching Young Children and The Internet Mommy. When she’s not chasing her kids, she filming them on her iPhone with ptch.com app. Disclosure: The Go-To Mom Productions was compensated for the production of this episode/an or blog post by 3M/Post-it Brand. Kimberley Blaine will only promote, endorse and support companies she believes to have the highest standards in products and/or services that contribute to or enhance the well-being of families.