Little did I know that when I was asked to do a campaign with AT&T Unite powered by Netgear, it would save the day in so many ways. Here are my top saves:
10. AT HOTEL: When I needed to drive 2 hours (each way) to drop my son off at a 2 day school event then pick him up each night, I could stay over night at an hotel 5 minutes away instead of driving back. Because I had my AT&T Unite (private mobile WiFi) with me, I did not need use hotel WiFi to get my work done during the day. In my experience, hotel WiFi can be at times unreliable and not always secure.
9. HAIRDRESSER TIME CAN BE PRODUCTIVE: Instead of looking at beauty magazines at the hairdresser (that always seem to be nagging me to get in shape or buy new clothes), I rather spend my time being productive on my laptop. My salon does not have WiFi, but luckily I have my AT&T Unite to help me stay productive.
8. WHILE WAITING FOR KIDS AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES TO END: I find myself either waiting in the back of my car, on a bench or in a waiting area many times during the week. Having my AT&T Unite and my laptop gives me the ability to turn waiting time into work time.
7. ENTERTAINMENT ON THE GO: When I am traveling on business or with my family for leisure, I have the confidence that during downtime when my kids have their daily allocated “screen time”, we can always stream entertainment on multiple devices using our mobile WiFi.
6. DOCTOR OR DENTIST APPOINTMENTS: I have turn my time in doctor or dentist waiting rooms to be productive or watch a show time.
5. PRESENTATIONS: As a consultant that meets with clients in different locations, there are times that I require internet access for presentations. Using my AT&T Unite has been a great reliable mobile WiFi source. No matter what client I am meeting with, I don’t ever need fuss with different WiFi passwords at their locations, that can also be unreliable.
4. AT CAFES: There are times where I take my laptop to a cafe. Beyond fighting for a table near electric plugs, in Silicon Valley the biggest fight is for public WiFi. It seems that everyone else from the Cafe also has some device they are using the cafe WiFi for. This not only slows the WiFi down, but I also never feel quite secure. Now I happily use my private AT&T Unite as my WiFi – so I always have internet access when I need it.
3. ACCESS TO THE CLOUD AT SCHOOL: My son likes to type his notes and assignments at school (when applicable) instead of write. There are times when he asks to bring the AT&T Unite with him to school (such as during a big assignments) so he does not have to depend only on his school WiFi to store his documents to do research online.
2. CONFERENCE CALLS AT HOME – BUT SITTING OUTSIDE THE HOUSE: As many parents know, there are those days where there seem to be 100 kids over (ok – just five 10 year old boys). There are times where I need to take a conference call that requires me to also either look online or video chat – and I need to be close to my boys outside. Instead of worrying about extenders that reach every part of our front or back yard, I can bring my AT&T Unite and laptop with me – to conference call while watching that the Styrofoam sword fight stays “pretend”..
1. MY SON USES IT TO IMPRESS THE GIRLS: It seems that beyond the normal things girls look for in a teen boy, having shareable mobile WiFi seems to be high on the list these days. A coolness factor I that I would of never guessed.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I received an AT&T Unite as part of my sponsorship. My words are my own.