**WINNER OF GIVEAWAY: alanamorales**
I always enjoy when I get to blog about something that is already popular in my house. A few weeks ago, I took my son to the bookstore to see if Book 10 of the 39 Clues series was out yet. He had already read all the other books in the series. The good news is he goes through books quickly. The bad news I am constantly looking for new series for my son to read. I was excited when my son started reading 39 Clues because it was published by Scholastic. I did not see Book 10 at the bookstore so I checked online for the release date (August 31, 2010).
39 Clues is an adventure series published by Scholastic for children ages 8-12 that spans 10 books. The book series also has a website http://www.the39clues.com/ that allows kids to use cards (they get with each book) to find clues through online missions.
The day after a trip to our local bookstore with my son, I received an email about the 39 Clues Blog Tour, asking if I wanted to join in the fun. Of course I said YES! The Blog Tour is a 39 Day Countdown to book #10 and I am the first stop (see a full listing of Blog Tour stops below).
My stop is for 39 Clues Book 1. Here is an exclusive video from Book #1 Author, Rick Riordan:
Sadly, my son will still have to wait for Book 10 to come out. But – the good news is that I am doing a giveaway to my readers to share the adventure love:
GIVEA WAY: One winner will receive the (one) complete 39 Clues book series (PLUS book #1 will be autograp hed by Rick Riordan).
HOW TO ENTER:
To enter – you must be the parent, family member or caregiver of child or teen who loves adventure series. A full listing of rules is at the bottom of this post. ONLY TWO ENTRIES per person. One entry equals one comment on this post. 1st entry should be a comment explaining why you want to win the 39 Clue series for your child/teen. For those that want a second entry, please share this contest over Twitter and comment on this post with a link to your tweet. Here is a suggestion for those that want to tweet:
Winner will be chosen using Random.org. Only TWO entries/comments per person.
Giveaway timing: Contest runs from July 23 to August 31, 2010 10pm pst.
But wait, there is more fun: with 10 books there will be 10 blog stops on the Blog Tour. Here is the schedule of the 39 Clues Book Tour, stop by each stop for more fun!
The Scholastic On Our Minds Blog posted a summary.
Stop #1 July 23 Techmamas: 39 Clues Book 1: The Maze of Bones (September 9, 2008) by Rick Riordan
Stop #2 July 27 Brimful Curiosities: 39 Clues Book 2: One False Note (December 2, 2008) by Gordon Korman
Stop #3 July 30 Susen Haim On Parenting: 39 Clues Book 3: The Sword Thief (March 3, 2009) by Peter Lerangis
Stop #6 Aug 12 Tree, Root, and Twig: 39 Clues Book 6: In Too Deep (November 3, 2009) by Jude Watson
Stop #7 Aug 18 The Children’s Book Review: 39 Clues Book 7: The Viper’s Nest (February 2, 2010) by Peter Lerangis
Stop #8 Aug 23 Robyn’s Online World: 39 Clues Book 8: (April 6, 2010) by Gordon Korman
Stop #9 Aug 26 On Our Minds @Scholastic 39 Clues Book 9: (May 25, 2010) by Linda Sue Park
Stop #10 Aug 31 5 Minutes For Mom: 39 Clues Book 10: (August 31, 2010) by Margaret Peterson Haddix
–A Valid email address must be entered in the private “email” section of the comment (not in the comment text). If a valid email address is not provided, another winner will be chosen.
–Winner must be located in North America (Canada/US). Shipments can only be made to Canada/US.
–Scholastic is not responsible for any lost packages or incorrect shipping addresses. The prize is not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded. Approximate value of prizes may vary.
Disclosure: Blogger did not receive compensation in any form for this post.
About The 39 Clues
* The 39 Clues is a groundbreaking, multi-media adventure series for children ages 8-12 that spans 10 adrenaline-charged books, hundreds of collectible cards, and an online game that allows readers to play a part in the story and compete for prizes.
* The 39 Clues launched on September 9, 2008, with Book 1: The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan, which debuted at #1 on the New York Times bestseller list. On December 2, 2008, Book 2: One False Note by Gordon Korman was released and also debuted at #1 on the New York Times bestseller list. Since then, the series, including Book 3: The Sword Thief by Peter Lerangis, Book 4: Beyond the Grave by Jude Watson, Book 5: The Black Circle by Patrick Carman, and Book 6: In Too Deep by Jude Watson, have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today, Publishers Weekly, and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists.
* Movie rights for The 39 Clues have been acquired by DreamWorks Studios with Steven Spielberg eyeing to direct. Deborah Forte, President of Scholastic Media, will produce. The script is being penned by Jeff Nathanson whose credits include “Catch Me If You Can” and “Rush Hour 2.”
* 39 Clues Online Game: Create an account, discover which branch of the Cahill family YOU belong to, and start exploring the website to see if you can be the first to find the Clues. Get the latest intelligence on the authors, upcoming books, answers to your questions, and more. Plus, talk strategy and share secrets with other Cahills on the 39 Clues message boards.
* The 39 Clues Madrigal Maze app, launched in September 2009, is a Top 100 Paid Kids Game in the App Store
* The 39 Clues has been licensed in 22 languages to date.
* The 39 Clues series centers around the Cahills—the most powerful family the world has ever known. But the source of the family’s power has been lost. Grace Cahill, the last matriarch of the Cahills, changed her will minutes before she died, leaving her descendants an impossible decision: receive a million dollars or a clue. The first Cahill to assemble all 39 clues hidden around the world will discover what makes the family so powerful—a reward beyond measure. It’s Cahill versus Cahill in a race to the finish, with readers hot on the heels of the main characters, fourteen-year-old Amy Cahill and her eleven-year-old brother, Dan. The series highlights famous historical figures kicking off with Benjamin Franklin in The Maze of Bones, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in One False Note, Toyotomi Hideyoshi in The Sword Thief, Howard Carter in Beyond the Grave, Anastasia Romanov in The Black Circle, and Amelia Earhart in In Too Deep.