UPDATE: MetroPCS got back to confirm they are set to notify winners- so here they are (Winners must live in the stated areas as explained in the rules, if not – a runner up will be choosen):
LA: Delia, Tim Evans
RoPi , Marlyne
Sherri J., William Henry
Deborah Cartwright, Lily Kwan
Detroit: Reine B., Ross R
: Sarah, nikromatt
MOLLY CAPEL, Ben
Tampa : Maria, Ruthie
Krista K, Dan B2
The research I performed of different plans for my tween's first cell phone led me to decide that "pay as you ♠go" phones/plans would offer our family the most flexibility for our needs. One feature is that we could just buy a new phone without being penalized by a long term plan if our tween lost his phone. Another feature of the pay as you go plans are that I could tie the cell phone plan to my son's allowance; he knew he needed to earn his allowance for that month to "pay" for the next month's fee. It would be easy for me to cancel or hold his service plan as logical consequences if he did not follow proper cell phone ettiquette. Also – if he wanted a newer model phone and could save up for that with his allowance, it is easy to swap phones on the same plan for pay as you go.
But the big challenge in finding the right pay as you go plan is to finding one that is easy to figure out and offer budget friendly unlimited options. When MetroPCS contacted me about a giveaway, I thought it would be a good way for some of my readers to test out the pay as you go model as well. Metro PCS is passing the word on their new budget friendly $40 wireless for all plan pay as you go plan.
Listed below are the details of the giveaway:
To celebrate the new $40 Wireless For All Plan!, MetroPCS has
teamed up with TechMamas to giveaway Samsung Messager™ II phones and 90
days of free service to two readers, each day between April 13 – May 5th, with Winners being announced May 6th. Winners will keep the phones and can purchase service plans for their own use, after the 90 days of free service. Winners need to be within 20 miles of the market area for the contest entered.
Listed below are the market areas and Dates for each contest. Next to the market area will be the post to click on to enter that contest (by commenting).
TO ENTER please comment on the post that matches your market area. On the comment, please explain what you would use the phone for. Is it for yourself? For your tween or teen? For another family member? Please share what you would do with the phone if you won.
- Los Angeles Link to contest post
- Boston: Link to contest post
- Dallas Link to contest post
- Miami Link to contest post
- San Francisco Link to contest post
- Las Vegas Link to contest post
- Detroit Link to contest post
- Jacksonville Link to contest post
- Sacramento Link to contest post
- Atlanta Link to contest post
- Philadelphia Link to contest post
- Tampa Link to contest post
- Orlando Link to contest post
- MetroPCS is merely the prize provider and in charge of prize fufillment. Prize is one Samsung Messager™ II phone and and 90 days of the MetroPCS $40 Wireless for all plan (3 months)
- Individuals can only enter once across all regional giveaways. One entry for prize (per person) equals one comment per person.
- For each coverage area giveaway, prize winner MUST live within 20 miles of the specific market area. Entrants can determine they are in this coverage area by plugging in their address at the following link: http://www.metropcs.com/coverage/
- Winners are limited by geography to US residents only.
- We are not responsible for any lost packages or incorrect shipping
addresses. The prize is not redeemable in cash, can not be sold or traded in and must be accepted as
awarded. Approximate value of prizes may vary.
- The random winner will be chosen by Techmamas.com using the Random.org number randomizer (number of comments will equal the number entered into Random.org, winner will be the comment number that matches with the number chosen). All decisions are
Contest will run from April 13 to May 5th. On May 5th 10pm pst comments will be closed and by 11pm pst on May 6 the
winners will be choosen(2 separate winners will win 1 phone each per market).
What does Wireless For All mean? It means that MetroPCS is making it
easier for everyone to have affordable wireless service with plans
starting at $40. It means we’re taking out the billing guesswork by
including taxes, and state and local fees in the price of our servce
plans. It means we’re offering more services and choices of devices at
lower prices than ever before.
About MetroPCS Service Plan
new service plans now start at $40 and all plans offer unlimited
nationwide talk, text, and Web services. Other service plans at $45, $50
and $60 offer additional options and features to match any mobile
lifestyle including unlimited international long distance calling to
more than 1,000 destinations in more than 100 countries. With an
expanding portfolio of nearly 20 handsets that begin at $29, MetroPCS
allows value-conscious consumers to do more with add-on features such as
GPS turn-by-turn navigation, mobile music, social networking, premium
directory assistance, international text messaging, unlimited calling to
Mexico and the world and more. No matter which plan they choose,
consumers have the flexibility to add or change services without
worrying about long-term contracts, termination fees or other costs.
more details on Wireless for All service plan options and pricing,
please visit www.metropcs.com/plans.
About Samsung Messager
Spread your social wings and fly with the new Samsung
Messager™ II. It’s sleeker, faster and cooler than the original and
comes fully loaded with a full QWERTY slider keyboard, 2.0 megapixel
camera and video playback camcorder. The Messager II keeps you connected
to what’s what and who’s who with revved-up social networking apps and
wicked downloading capabilities. Plus, its cool design makes messaging
(and you, the messenger) look good. Got the message? Get the Messager
Disclosure: This is not a paid giveaway (rather a treat for my readers). TechMamas.com was given one Samsung
Messager™ phone and 90 days MetroPCS service for review purposes.