It is that time of year when I ponder what is the best system to manage my family's schedule and as a room parent – how to manage the class information. So I took my quest online. Here is what I found so far….
Mashable had some great posts on web tools for students and teachers, so I started by reading those posts.
(Evernote, Notely, Grademate, Backpack, StudRails, Diigo, Delicious, Mindmeister, Google Docs, Etherpad, SlideRocket, Wikidot, Citeme, EasyBib and Zotero) CLICK here to read the student post.
(SchoolRack, SchoolTool, Curriki, Edmodo, Shmoop, Footnote, ClassMarker, Bookgoo, DOC cop and TeacherTube) CLICK HERE to read the Teacher post.
10 WEB TOOLS FOR PARENTS TO MANAGE SCHEDULES:
Here are some web tools for parents who have kids in elementary school/highschool. I hope to add more to the list:
1. Google Calender/Docs: Many parents are using Google Calender to manage their calenders and Google Docs to keep shared documents in the "cloud" online.
2. Smartphones – Many parents manage their calenders using their smartphones and corresponding calendering systems. Smartphone calenders can also sync with outlook, iCal and Google Calender – which makes it easy to share info with other family members, use desktop management or online tools.
3. Cozi.com has an online family organizer system that includes online calender, shopping list, todo lists and family journal.
6. Shutterfly has share sites that parents are using to manage sports team schedules or class volunteers.
7. VolunteerSpot for organizing volunteers
8. Jooners for organizing sign-up sheets
9. Big Tent for setting up communication with trusted groups.
Any more to add?
Web tools for family organization can't be complete with a home system. I found a post with organizational tools – that is bins,
crates and home decor (which is equally as important) at the website
Droolicious: 15 Fabulous Organizational Items for Parents