Now mobile scheduling has come to the BlackBerry. Parents at work, school or watching a soccer game can now be assured that they have their favorite shows scheduled.
“Beginning tomorrow consumers will be able to download a free application on their Blackberry Smartphone that gives them control of their TiVo wherever they are.
The TiVo for Blackberry smart phones application allows users to easily view the program details, as well as remotely schedule recordings on their TiVo box from the BlackBerry handheld. This application is available free of charge, to BlackBerry Smartphone users. Users will be able to browse by category, view most popular shows or daily picks and see the programming details (Title, Description, Runtime, Air date & time and Photo). Advanced search makes finding favorite shows and show details easy and fast. They can search by title, actor/director or keyword.”
Here is where the app can be accessed on Sept. 30th:
· BlackBerry App World (www.blackberry.com/appworld)
· BlackBerry Browsing capabilities
· Note application is not available for BIS Lite or BIS Social subscribers
· TiVo DVR
· A Series2 or Series3 standalone TiVo Digital Video Recorder (DVR) to connect to your TV and you TV signal source to record programs
· An active TiVo DVR. For more information, visit www.tivo.com
· A subscription to TiVo service
· A 64-MB BlackBerry Smartphone
· 355KB of available BlackBerry Smartphone memory
· BlackBerry® Device Software Version 4.2.0 or later
· English Only