As I was frantically trying to sneak some blog posts in before bathtime tonight – about the tech conference I just came back from – I heard the dreaded words "P I L L O W F I G H T" coming from the other room where my 3 boys were playing. My husband is at a business meeting tonight, so there was no one else to "break it up". So what does a modern TechMama do in response to an impending pillow fight?
I decided to cover the pillow fighting activities live over Twitter. And in the theme of David Pogue's comment about the benefits of crowdsourcing, I decided to ask my Twitter followers to vote 1) keep blogging or 2) break up a massive pillow
fight between my 3 boys.
So here is my – first ever – one and only LIVE TWITTER FEED from a PILLOW FIGHT. Displayed on the top left is a picture of what the scene looked like after I finished the Twitter feed, evidence that the pillow fight did happen…
First to set the stage, here are my Twitters from tonight:
- Am finally
breaking up pillow fight between my3boys… Sorry folks, tune in for
more live blogging pillow fights tomorrow night..
- Appreciate all of the votes, but keep on blogging wins. @sweatpantsmom seemed to sum it up ""Live blog the pillow fight. Duhr."
- @xiaolinmama @danaknisely Two more votes to keep blogging and let the pillow fight go (no "thuds" so far).
- @JenniferPerillo agree that it is just a pillow fight, but @douglaskarr brought up a good point that "thuds" and "crying" usually follows
- @CandiceStone @ToThink I think I will take both of yours advice: Let my boys wear themselves out THEN join in the pillow fight.
if I should either 1) keep blogging or 2) break up a massive pillow
fight between my 3 boys? Maybe I should get a community vote.
Then – here are the responses from my wonderful Twitter followers (whom I appreciate very much):
- green_colleen@techmama ah no fair! (in response to end of liveblogging)
- NathanRichie@techmama pillowfight: Ustream it…UFC-Ultimate Pillow Fight
- JenniferPerillo@techmama very true. My girls are only 5yrs and 9mos, so we haven't gotten there yet.
- (protected updates) @techmama I'm just gonna go against the grain and say break it up. But don't ask me what to do after that.
- CandiceStone@techmama Yeah … good idea. Wait 'til they're running out of steam first.
- green_colleen@techmama just keep right on blogging. If they are hitting each other with hard objects then intervene.
- canape@techmama No "thuds," no "bloods." It's all good.
- danaknisely@techmama keep blogging! lol
- xiaolinmama@techmama keep blogging I am sure they won't draw blood!
- douglaskarr@techmama let the pillow fight go… until you hear the thud and the usual crying that will follow.
- JenniferPerillo@techmama blog, definitely—it's just pillows.
- ToThink@techmama the pillow fight will wear them out for bedtime, no?:-)
- CandiceStone@techmama or 3) Joing in the massive pillow fight!
Oh Wait – I can't forget the "Facebook" responses I got because my Twitter updates are feed to Facebook as updates (since Facebook is friends only, I did not put their names):
Wondering if I should either 1) keep blogging or 2) break up a massive
pillow fight between my 3 boys? Maybe I should get a community vote.via Twitter –
- Live blog the pillow fight. Duhr
- Brilliant (in reply to commenter 1)
- Join it!
When I said Liveblogging Pillow Fight was over, I received these Facebook responses:
- Wait, wait – I missed it!
- gotta love those 3-way battles — so unpredictable! constantly changing
alliances! wait… there's a reality TV show in this somewhere…
Tune in again for Pillow Fight – The Reality TV Show (coming soon to blogs and Twitter feeds everywhere).