VOTING HAS STARTED!! CLICK HERE TO VOTE!!
When I found out that I was part of the 50 bloggers participating in the HP Magic Giveaway, I did not sleep too well for the next few nights. I had the chance to give away (US) $6,000 in amazing hardware, accessories and software that could really make a difference in someone's life (or a group ). I had so many ideas, so many people I want to share some magic with. Schools(teachers), charities, families and especially moms (parents) that all give so much on a daily basis. Then I saw the CNN Heroes show and was inspired. So I decided I wanted to award my prize package to a "MOM or DAD hero".
Here are the 20 picked at random:
1. Hero Daddy
2. Patricia Brick
3. Dee Dee Shaw
6. Michelle Tjemeland
7. Dawn Greenfield
9. Jennie Lindstrom
10. Lora Davison
11. Darrell Jackson
12. Linda Pettit
16. Jill Caren
CONTEST DETAILS (COMMENTS ARE OPEN, contest has started!!!! Please go to the bottom of the post and comment your "mom hero" story/links):
- You need to be a mom OR dad
- You can nominate yourself or someone else.
- I prefer that (like many of us) that you can't afford to buy all of this amazing equipment on your own.
- You need to have a powerful use for that technology, that will not only help yourself and your family but a school or charity as well. School and charity are used in loose terms. You can be a mom that works for an underprivileged afterschool program that wants to share some of the package with the program and some at her home to develop curriculum. You can be a mom or dad that runs a charity that needs technology to take it to the next level or is trying to get their career back on track – and looking to help others as well.
- To enter, just comment on this post with links to as many different types of media you want to use to tell you story, or just a text comment.
- Please be "for real", there are people that really need this!
- I request (not require) that you "share" the magic by giving part of your package away to the school or charity that is part of your "story"
- The contest will run from December 7 – December 13. Winner announced on December 14.
- I have the discretion to make all final decisions on who the prize is awarded to.
- Here is the prize package:
• HP Photosmart C6380 Wireless AIO (printer)
• HP 564 Photo Value Pak
• Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate/Home Premium or Microsoft Windows XP pre-installed on all units (Mini 1000 runs XP)
• Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition 2007 (Student-Teacher Edition) – 1 DVD with 3 licenses
• Microsoft Windows Live
• Corel VideoStudio X2
• Kung Fu Panda (2 widescreen DVDs; 1 widescreen Blu-ray disc)
STEP 1: TELL YOUR STORY AND TOP 20 WILL BE CHOSEN AT RANDOM.
will be OPENED December 7 and CLOSE December 11. The top 20 "mom
heroes" will be chosen from all the comments using Random.org (since
all moms are heroes – how could I possibly choose!).
STEP 2: READERS CHOOSE THE WINNER:
The winner will be then be chosen via a poll displayed at the top of
this post (December 12). POLLS OPEN on December 12 and CLOSE December 13. This is a
good time to get everyone you know to vote!!! Again, voting will start Dec. 12 and close December 13 (9pm pst 12pm est).
2. This entire prize package will be awarded to person with the most votes on the poll. The more information you provide about how you
plan to make a difference using your technology as one of the tools,
the better chance for voters to understand your story. The more media
you use to tell your story, the more powerful it will be. Use video,
podcast, blog posts or updates on your website. But if you don't have a
blog – tell your storty on the comments. A powerful story will come out no matter what media you use.
3. The winner is requested (not required) to share part of their prize with the
school or charity that is part of their "story" (share the "magic").
4. All prize items will be shipped from HP to the winner. The winner must have an real U.S. address, no p.o. boxes.
Entrants who have won this prize at one of the other 49
blogger’s websites involved in the HP give away will be disqualified.
5. I will be posting the name of the winner – so please provide only
public information that can be shared online. You don't need to mention
any location or school names if you don't want to ("local school" is just fine). Don't put email addresses on the
comment section, enter it into "email" section when you fill out the comment (that is not displayed). I will need that email address to contact the winner. The contest may be shared with media so the winner will need to comply with that request.
6. I am joining in my fellow contest bloggers and asking that the winner of my prize submit information about how the package was used via a blog, video or website. If the winner does not have a website, they can submit the written story to me and I will post on TechMamas.com. Either way, I will do a follow-up post with the information. The follow-up information will be requested 4 -6 weeks after the prize is delivered. Mid progress is fine!
7. The winner will be announced on December 14th.
Any questions? Please email techmamas(at)gmail(dot)com
Even more fun is to be in the great company (just take a look at) the other HP Magic Give Away bloggers: