- Parent Hacks (a.k.a. Geek Mom) shows how technology can be used to help remind mom to get a life, using a USB drive to find lost child, a link to another gift idea on the Geek Dad blog and is chock full of daily ideas.
- Cool Mom PIcks Mother’s Day Gift Guide has a black leather laptop "Bella" bag made by Gina B. and many other great finds. Some other suggestions are a beautiful camera case, handmade gadget cozies to share with kids, custom card case for moms with day jobs, and stock certificates from GiveAshare(including Google, Ibm, Dell, Yahoo, Motorola, etc…).
- CityMama over at Strollerderby has gift ideas for geeky mamas including a tablet PC, Excuse Box, 5 reasons to get an iPhone and a preference for the Bella laptop bag by Gina B. in white.
- Mommies with Style suggests laptop Schtickers, a bag with the most beautiful picture of all and has another vote for the Bella laptop bag.
- Want Not ponders the electronics dilemma of finding the right digital photo frame. A commenter suggested a service to remotely upload pictures.
- crazedparent (a.k.a Rockstar Supermama) listed an amplifier for her electric guitar and the dream of a multimedia refrigerator on her Techie Wish List over at JobMom.
- Confessions of a Geeky Mama suggests gifts for athletic stat geeks including a Garmin
Forerunner (running), Edge (biking) and a subscription to Motionbased.com. Another runner mama suggested the Ironman Triathlon watch to use for walk/run training routines.
- HighTechMomsClub wants software upgrades and training.
- Silent"I" was very creative with a request for "a 2 gig iPod that has a mini TV so I can download Grey’s Anatomy and have Dr. McDreamy in my pocket (I’m more of a McSteamy fan actually), a service that turns her phone into a wifi modem for blogging on the road and the Snowball microphone for better podcasting quality."
- Techmamas has a list of recommendations
including a Coach bag that can be used to carry a BlackBerry, keys and
a wallet yet is small enough to fit into a laptop case or beach tote. And a rolling laptop bag that is easy to push.
Suggestions were also made to help set up a home office for WAHMs (Work
at Home Moms) which applies to all moms whether they work outside the
home, telecommute, have a home business, volunteer or manage their own
- Yahoo Tech Mom posted about her MP3, smartphone and stylish gear bag preferences.
- State of Grace suggested a wonderfully low-tech hand made necklace. That just may be my favorite suggestion of all because it can double as dinner if moms don’t have anything else to cook.
If there are other tech mamas who would like to share their tech wish lists, please comment with a link to the post on your blog or email techmamas(at)gmail.com.