Today is the 1 year birthday for the Silicon Valley Moms Blog. I remember meeting the Fearless Founders Jill and Pam as they just started going with their amazing idea – then I was brought in as the Chief Technology Mom and Tekla as the Editor.
I had been on the hunt to start my own blog, but decided to join SV
Moms as my first step into the blogosphere. One year later I can say
that jumping into the blogosphere has been an amazing adventure. So
here is my top ten reasons why all moms should blog:kdjfkdjslkf
Top Ten Reasons Why All Moms Should Blog
10. Cheaper then therapy.
9. Get to meet other moms that have imperfect lives (whaaat, there are others….).
8. Other Blogs call you nice names.
7. People want to take pictures of you.
6. Google will want to search you (especially if you mention hot moms – ooops not again).
5. Newspaper reporters ask your opinion on issues related to motherhood. Dare I say, you become influential.
People think you are cool when you tell them at cocktail parties that
you blog, even though you blog about being a mom (which before was not
cool but should be).
3. The other mom bloggers will
make you laugh, laugh so hard you cry, think about interesting things,
get mad, feel introspective, but mainly laugh….. and fill your life
with a network of amazing cyber-friends (on SV Moms blogrolls) from your laptop.
2. You get to go to "work" conferences (code for a moms weekend away, staying at quiet hotel rooms, network, learning even more about blogging, reading trashy magazines on the plane, staying up past bedtime going to fun parties) with other BlogHers.
Number 1. Typepad features your blog and calls you and your blogmates smart, sincere (often sincerely hilarious).
So – Happy Birthday 1st Birthday you smart, sincere, and hilarious Silicon Valley Mom Bloggers!!
Cross posted at the Silicon Valley Moms Blog.